Please click on this link to see AmCham Scholarship 2012
In partnership with Vietnam National University – Ho Chi Minh City (VNU-HCM), Banking University, Foreign Trade University in Ho Chi Minh City, Ho Chi Minh City University of Law and Hoa Sen University, AmCham will grant scholarships to 40 top students from: University of Technology, University of Natural Sciences, University of Social Sciences and Humanities, University of Economics and Law, University of Information Technology, International University, Hoa Sen University, Foreign Trade University, Banking University and Ho Chi Minh City University of Law.
The AmCham Scholars will be:
• Recognized by over 450 AmCham companies in Ho Chi Minh City
• Provided with credits for job application purposes after graduation and other related purposes (e.g. summer job, internship, further scholarship, etc.)
• Invited to some AmCham functions
• Entitled to join AmCham Scholar Alumni Club
• Provided with financial support (VND 10.000.000/scholarship, and training vouchers for each winner and honorable mention).
Who can apply?
• Bachelor degree third year and above but not graduate students of Vietnam National University – Ho Chi Minh City (VNU-HCM), Foreign Trade University in Ho Chi Minh City, Banking University of HCM City, Hoa Sen University and Ho Chi Minh City University of Law, in official full-time scheme 2011 – 2012.
• Students are only eligible to apply one time only, so please consider carefully before submit your application.
• With cumulative GPA of all previous years 7.0 or above (click this link for an explanation)
• Active participation in school/social/community service activities.
• Able to communicate in English
Please click on this link for ONLINE APPLICATION
Schedule / Timeline
(Please reconfirm this schedule regularly. There may be changes.)
|Sa, 10 Sep||Click here for Information Session Poster|
|Sa, 24 Sep||Information Session|
|Su, 16 Oct||Application Deadline Oct 16, 21:00hours VN Time (GMT+7)|
|.||Countdown To AmCham Scholarship 2011 Application Deadline|
|Su, 23 Oct||Results of Screening|
|Sa, 29 Oct||Schedule for English Test|
|Su, 30 Oct||Schedule for Abilities Test (SHL)|
|We, 9 Nov||Results of English and Abilities Test (SHL)|
|Sa, 12 Nov||Schedule for ProfileXT Assessment|
|Sa, 17 Nov||Schedule for Interview run by HR Committee Members|
|Sa, 26 Nov||AmCham Scholarship Interview run by HR Committee Members|
|Sa, 3 Dec||AmCham Scholarship Award Ceremony and Results|
(1) ProfileXT Assessment Sponsor (Diamond): Profiles International Vietnam – a division of TRG International
(2)English Test Sponsor (Silver): IIG Vietnam and SHL Test Sponsor (Gold): TalentNet
(3) Interview in English conducted by AmCham member company Human Resources Experts; competencies evaluated include: Communication Skills, Initiatives, Achievement Orientation, Innovation, Analytical Ability, and Problem Solving. Click here for some hints on how to prepare for your interview: Interview Preparation.
4) Future Leaders Training Course Sponsor (Diamond): Dale Carnegie Vietnam
5) Cash Sponsor (Gold): British American Tobacco in Vietnam
6) Cash Sponsor (Gold): Dow Chemical International Ltd. Representative Office
7) Cash Sponsor (Gold): PepsiCo
8) Cash Sponsor (Gold): VietnamWorks
9) Cash Sponsor (Silver): Hoa Sen University
10) Venue Sponsor for English Language Test, SHL Test and ProfileXT Assessment (Gold): VATC
11) Venue Sponsor for Information Session and Award Ceremony (Silver): Riverside Palace
Congratulations to all who completed the AmCham Scholarship Application form, and especially to those that passed the screening round. Please click here for the Results of Screening.
For those who turned in the OPTIONAL English Test Certificates (either TOEFL iBT, TOEIC or IELTS), please click this link to see a list of Students Exempted from the English Test.
Congratulation to all students who have passed the English Test and SHL Test. Please find your names on the list for Profile XT Assessment.
Schedule for Profile XT Assessment
Congratulation to all students who have passed the ProfileXT Assessment round. The result of Profile XT Assessment will be sent to every candidate soon. Please find your names on the list for Interview Session.
Schedule for Interview Session
If you have any questions or want to re-arrange the time for taking test, please feel free to email us at [email protected]. For the best preparation, we strongly recommend you to inform us 04 days in advance. We are looking forward to seeing you on the test date.
2011 AmCham Scholarship Online Application
We have arranged an Online Application to facilitate students’ applications. It should take about 45 minutes to complete. Kindly note, as you are working on the application, you can log out and return as many times as you wish. Your answers will be saved by the system. However, once you have submitted your application, you cannot revise it. If you notice any mistakes, please contact [email protected]
IMPORTANT: If we find any evidence to show that any part of your application is incorrect, we have the right to decline your application and withdraw your award or candidate status within the AmCham Scholarship program. Therefore, be honest with your application.
Please note that applicants for the AmCham Scholarship 2011 may only submit one application, so please prepare carefully.
Please click this link to fill out the AmCham Scholarship 2011 ONLINE APPLICATION
As you are filling out the Online Application, you will receive instructions on how to upload the following documents:
REQUIRED: a scanned copy of your original GPA Certificate (click the link for a list of samples) for all previous years. You don’t need to translate your GPA transcript into English.
OPTIONAL: a scanned copy of your ETS Certificate for TOEFL iBT, TOEIC, or the equivalent for IELTS, if you have one. Please note: if you have a Certificate issued after Oct 16, 2009, with a TOEFL iBT score of 90 or more, or TOEIC score of 900 or more, or IELTS score 6.5 or more (with all skills above 5.5), please upload it. (You will be exempted from the English Language Test if you pass the Application Screening round).
OPTIONAL: a scanned copy of your Achievement Certificate.
In order to reduce the weight of attached file, only .pdf format is allowed. Please note that any other file format will not be considered. If you don’t know how to convert your files into .pdf format, please refer to our FAQ section or email us. In addition, please keep each upload file under 4 MB.
For technical support or questions about submitting the application form, please send an email to [email protected]
From October 1 to October 22, every Saturday at 5pm, all applicants please refer to this link for the list of Completed Applications.
ANNOUNCEMENT: The deadline for applicants to send in their official GPA certificates (required) is extended to 5:30pm, Thurs, Oct 20, 2011. The AmCham Scholarship Management Team has decided to make this extension of the deadline to receive the GPA certificates because of reports from students/applicants about delays in receiving their GPA certificates from their universities, etc. The Oct 20 deadline is the final deadline. Please email your GPA certificate to [email protected], with your Application No. clearly stated in the subject line.
The deadline for receiving the online application is 9pm, Sun, Oct 16, 2011, as originally announced. Thanks to all the students/applicants for your interest, and we look forward to cooperating with you in the application process.
If you have any questions, please send them to the AmCham Scholarship Team: [email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any queries, please refer to our FAQ pages. Not yet satisfied? Then please contact us through our AmCham Scholarship email: AmCham Scholarship Team
The AmCham Scholarship Program 2011 is managed by the AmCham Scholarship Team:
|Sponsor:||Ms. Vo Thi Minh Ly – AmCham Scholar 2009|
|University:||Mr. Hoang Le Vinh – AmCham Scholar 2009|
|Process:||Ms. Nguyen Ngoc Ha – AmCham Scholar 2009|
|Marketing:||Ms. Nguyen Lan Anh – AmCham Scholar 2009|
|Event:||Mr. Le Tran Anh Dung – AmCham Scholar 2009|
Support for Education from U.S. Businesses and U.S. Government, and Study in the USA
AmCham • Intel Women in Engineering Scholarship 2011
The American Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam (AmCham) and Intel Vietnam jointly announce the first “AmCham • Intel Women in Engineering Scholarship 2011.” The scholarships’ purposes are to encourage and support FEMALE students to study in science and engineering fields and to pursue technical careers. Full time FEMALE bachelor degree engineering students from second to last year one at one of three universities and faculties/departments are eligible to apply. Please click the link for more details.
Vietnam-U.S. Higher Engineering Education Alliance Program
Through the Higher Engineering Education Alliance Program (HEEAP), a growing alliance of industry and government partners collaborate with top technical universities in Vietnam to advance Electrical and Mechanical Engineering curricula leading to a sustaining modernization and transformation of higher education in Vietnam. The goal is to develop a highly skilled technical workforce that will attract and sustain a healthy high-tech manufacturing industry, thus positioning Vietnam to compete among high-tech centers of excellence and provide both economic and societal impact. Vietnamese Academic Parterns include Danang University of Technology, HCMC University of Technology, HCMC University of Technical Education, Can Cho University, Hanoi University of Technology.
Interview with AmCham’s Executive Director
Sharing from AmCham Scholars 2010