2017 marks the seventeenth year of The AmCham Scholarship Program. During the last 17 years, the program has been devoting to improving the business environment in Vietnam in general, and the HCM City area in particular, by helping develop high quality human resources for member companies, as well as helping students develop essential professional working skills.
Since launched in 2001, AmCham Scholarship Program has continually been growing. To 2016, the program has totally awarded 755 scholarships to students from 13 leading universities in Ho Chi Minh City. The number of participating universities increased to 15 this year.
AmCham Scholarship 2017 Timeline
|Fri, 01 Sep||Application Form Opens|
|Sat, 09 Sep||Information Session Day 1|
|Sat, 16 Sep||Information Session Day 2|
|Sat, 07 Oct||Application Deadline of Group 1 (17:00)|
|Sat, 14 Oct||Application Deadline of Group 2 (17:00)|
|Mon, 30 Oct||Screening Results|
|Sat, 11 Nov||Ability Test (SHL Test)|
|Mon, 20 Nov||Ability Test Results • Interview Schedule|
|Sat, 25 Nov||Interview Day|
|Sat, 02 Dec||Award Ceremony|
The ONLY required document you need for the application is your official overall GPA transcript. At some universities, it may take some time for Department of Academic Affairs to issue a completed overall GPA transcript so you should prepare it in advance, even before the application opening date.
Optional document includes your certificate of achievement/scholarship/social activity… at university or in community. Please have all the files scanned and saved in PDF format.
NOTE: SKIP THE WHOLE PART OR ANSWER ALL QUESTION IN IT
The achievement, social activities and project and work experience are not technically required, which means that the system does not force you to fill in these parts to submit your application form. The reason for this is because we do know that some students do not have any achievement/social activity/project/work experience in their university life. If the system requires them to fill in, they will be in trouble. However, in term of screening and processing, we do take these parts into considerations, with proportion of score.
If you have any achievement/social activity/project/work experience, you should obviously show us, then you must upload the certificate to prove it.
You can see the point here: You can skip the whole part, or answer all the questions in it.
Benefits of AmCham Scholars:
– 10.000.000VND in cash
– Recognized by nearly 500 AmCham companies
– Credits for job application after graduation and other related purposes (e.g. summer job, internship, further scholarship, etc.)
– Priority in some AmCham functions
– Entitled to join AmCham Scholars Alumni/ae Club with great networking opportunities
Contact AmCham Scholarship Management Team via:
Tel: 028 3824 3743
– Undergraduate students of bachelor degree in their:
third academic year or above at Vietnam National University – Ho Chi Minh City (including International University, University of Economics and Law, University of Information Technology, University of Science, University of Social Sciences & Humanities and Bach Khoa University), Foreign Trade University in Ho Chi Minh City, Banking University HCM City, Hoa Sen University, Ho Chi Minh City University of Law, Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology and Education, Eastern International University, University of Economics HCMC and Vietnamese – German University
fifth academic year or above at School of Medicine – Vietnam National University
in official full-time academic year 2017 – 2018.
– With overall GPA not lower than 7.0 in scale 10 or 3.0 in scale 4 (Click here for details).
– Active in school/social/community service activities.
– Fluent in English.
– One can apply for AmCham Scholarship ONCE IN A LIFETIME
***NOTE: “How to be considered as an undergraduate student?“. Please refer to FAQs Page (Section “2. APPLICATION QUALIFICATIONS”) to find out.
You will fill in your application online. It should take you about 45 minutes to complete.
Please kindly note that you can save your draft and log out and return as many times as you wish when you are working on your application. However, once you have submitted, you will have no way to revise your application. Should such mistake happen, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call directly to 028 3824 3743.
The list of completed application is updated every Monday at 5pm, from Sep 01 to Oct 14, 2017. Please check out and let us know if your information is not listed as it supposes to be.
For the best screening process, we would like to set 2 deadlines for 2 groups of universities. Please kindly check carefully below:
Group 1: (17:00 – 07 Oct, 2017)
* Banking University
* Foreign Trade University
* Hoa Sen University
* University of Economics HCMC
Group 2: (17:00 – 14 Oct, 2017)
* Eastern International University
* Ho Chi Minh City University of Law
* Ho Chi Minh City University of Technical Education
* Vietnamese – German University
* VNU HCMC – Bach Khoa University
* VNU HCMC – International University
* VNU HCMC – School of Medicine
* VNU HCMC – University of Economics and Laws
* VNU HCMC – University of Information Technology
* VNU HCMC – University of Science
* VNU HCMC – University of Social Sciences & Humanities
Please click HERE to be updated on AmCham Scholarship Program 2017 Management Team.
– Your application number is in the format: 2017xxxx
– Please bear in mind that only application forms created from 01/9/2017 (whose application number is 2017xxxx) are validly accepted
– We appreciate your integrity. If any information in your application is proved incorrect during the program, we have the right to decline your application and withdraw your award or candidate status.
– One can apply for AmCham Scholarship once in his lifetime. Please make sure that you are ready to apply.
– English is used 100 percent in the program.
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS IN 2017
1. Cash Sponsor (Platinum): Intel Products Vietnam
2. Cash and Product Sponsor (Platinum): Suntory PepsiCo Viet Nam Beverage
3. Cash Sponsor (Diamond): AmCham Vietnam Direct Selling Committee (AVDSC)
4. Advertisement and Magazines (Diamond):Nhip Cau Dau Tu
5. SHL Test Sponsor (Diamond): Talentnet Corporation
6. English Course Voucher Sponsor (Diamond): Yola Institute
7. Cash Sponsor (Gold): Dow Chemical Int’l Ltd Rep. Office
8. Cash Sponsor (Gold): KMPG Vietnam
9. Cash Sponsor (Gold): Manulife Vietnam
10. Cash Sponsor (Gold): Oriflame Vietnam
11. Cash Sponsor (Gold): Unilever Vietnam
12. Cash Sponsor (Silver): APS Mechanical & Electrical Co. Ltd
13. Cash Sponsor (Silver): Cargill Vietnam Limited
14. Venue Sponsor (Silver): White Palace
15. Product Sponsor: PepsiCo Foods Viet Nam
16. Product Sponsor: Thaihabooks
17. Information session venue supporters:
Hoa Sen University
Ho Chi Minh University of Technology and Education
University of Science
More details of 2017 AmCham Scholarship Sponsorship opportunities:
*Ms. Nguyen Thi Mai Huong (Amy) – Program Manager
Tel: +84 28 3824 3562 /ext 104
*Ms. Le Hieu Anh Thi (Kathy) – Sponsorship Lead
Tel: +84 28 3824 3743 /ext 107
HP: +84 122 453 0003