Date(s) - 16/09/2014
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Renaissance Riverside Hotel Saigon
View and Download the Presentations
Tilleke & Gibbins and AmCham are pleased to be hosting a symposium on the practical aspects of doing business in pharmaceuticals and the contemporary issues surrounding the life sciences industry in Vietnam and throughout Southeast Asia. Highly experienced lawyers from Tilleke & Gibbins’ Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, and Bangkok offices will provide attendees with a high-level overview of what steps must be taken to ensure your company is compliant with often strict registration requirements, and is able to protect its valuable intellectual property in the region.
The topics covered will include:
- ASEAN drug registration overview: Key points on registration requirements and market entry strategies throughout the region, including important issues related to the establishment of the ASEAN Economic Community in 2015 (presented by our experts from Thailand).
- Ultra vires issues for foreign pharmaceutical companies operating in Vietnam: What are the allowable activities under a rep office? Is operating as a company a viable option?
- Guidance on drug processing activities in Vietnam.
- Patent infringement in pharmaceutical sector: Situation and strategies.
- Strategic distributor termination and business takeover.
Don’t miss this event if your company is involved in Vietnam’s fast-growing pharmaceutical and life sciences sectors.
|11:30 am||Welcome guests|
|12:00 pm||Lunch is served|
|1:30 pm||Event Ends|
Members: vnd 630,000 | Non-members: vnd 780,000
Established in Thailand in 1890, Tilleke & Gibbins was the first foreign law firm licensed to operate in Vietnam. We have had an ongoing presence in Ho Chi Minh City since 1992 and in Hanoi since 1994. In 2013, we opened offices in Indonesia, Myanmar, and Laos. Tilleke & Gibbins now has over 130 lawyers and 280 support personnel firmwide, including 80 team members in Vietnam. We have grown into the largest independent law firm in Thailand and a leading international firm in Vietnam due to our client focus, regional expertise, and international vision. Our active Life Sciences practice group acts on behalf of industry leaders in the pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device fields, along with other niche areas. The cross-practice team combines attorneys from the Corporate/Commercial group with years of experience in dealing with government agencies; patent experts from the IP group holding degrees in medicine, chemical technology, and bimolecular engineering; and trained pharmacists from the Regulatory Affairs group with industry experience drawn from working for multinational pharmaceutical companies.