HCMC Chair: Orsolya Szotyory, Mayer Brown JSM
Hanoi Chair: Emily Mahoney, Baker & McKenzie
Board Liaison :Fred Burke, Baker & McKenzie
The AmCham Legal & Vietnam Business Forum Committees in HCMC and Hanoi have a unified purpose that includes increasing the value of AmCham membership for all members by providing channels to discuss and address legal issues affecting member companies, supporting the Chamber and the Chapters’ advocacy activities, and supporting the development of the legal services industry in Vietnam.
- – Stimulate Committee participation by member law firms and in-house counsel
- – Grow the AmCham membership base of legal services providers
- – Promote Trade Facilitation and conclusion of the Trans-Pacific Partnership, as well as other international agreements that would improve the business environment in Vietnam.
- – Particpate in comments on revisions to Civil Code, and implementing regulations for Investment Law.
Create a vibrant committee of 15-20 active members that participate regularly (monthly) in committee meetings/events and at least an additional 60 (“passive”) members who may participate several times throughout the year.
- – The committee will meet the 2nd Tuesday of every month, at 5 – 6 pm
- – The Hanoi & HCMC Chapter Committees will endeavor always to meet at the same time at a members’ office where videoconferencing facilities are available.
- – Organize 3-5 events/initiatives for the benefit of the Legal Committee membership and the AM Cham community generally,
- – Support events reaching out to the Vietnamese business community to promote participation of the TPP and other opportunities for growing trade and investment.
- – Promote programs and activities designed to disseminate knowledge regarding U.S. and Vietnamese compliance matters, including especially anti-corruption laws, anti-money laundering laws, etc.
- – Support the other Am Cham Committees when they have needs relating to legal issues.
- – Support the Chamber and the Chapters when they have legal questions.
- – Coordination between the leadership teams of the Manufacturing Committee, HR Committee, and Legal Committee to discuss Vietnam policy issues/recommended changes that would specifically impact the manufacturing community. Hold follow-up meetings with entire committee if necessary
- – Participate in AMCHAM delegations, including to Washington D.C. and Hanoi for “Door Knocks”
- – Participate in Southern Key Economic Region work
2016 Event Timeline:
- – Q1-January 29: Tet Book Drive
- – Q2 FCPA
- – Q4 Networking night-How to Use Outside Counsel
- – Q4 Bankruptcy Law
Click here to view 2015 Legal Documents
2014 Event Photos: