A key part of AmCham’s vision statement is our commitment to Environment. Social, and Governance values. Our own RISE values include being Responsible and Impactful, while Promoting Solidarity and Sustainable, Enduring Growth. We established an ESG Committee in October 2020 to align with our members’ values and vision. To honor and recognize AmCham Vietnam members’ excellence in Environment, Social, and Governance (ESG) initiatives in 2022, AmCham Vietnam would like to announce our 2022 AmCham Vietnam ESG Impact Awards Program. All interested AmCham member companies and organizations are encouraged to apply. LINK to ESG Impact Awards Package with application forms and additional details. An optional briefing and Q&A session with AmCham’s ESG Committee will take place on Friday, October 7th at 3:30pm (Register at LINK). Applications are due by October 28. Winners will be announced at AmCham’s Giving Thanks Dinner on Tuesday, November 22. Register now for the Giving Thanks Dinner to reserve your table or consider becoming a sponsor for this gala celebration with senior U.S. and Vietnamese government participation! If you have any questions, please email the AmCham ESG Committee at [email protected], and/or join our October 7 briefing and Q&A session!.
Many of AmCham Vietnam’s 500+ member companies and organizations have launched sustainability initiatives, are measuring their environmental and social impact, and are improving corporate governance standards in the communities where they work. While striving for profitability and financial sustainability, these members are integrating ESG values bas part of their long-term business strategy, nurturing an ecosystem for responsible, enduring business practices in Vietnam.
Additionally, many AmCham members have shown generosity in their Corporate Social Responsibility programs, giving back to communities where they live and work, and rapidly leveraging resources to deliver support and humanitarian relief to local communities in times of crises and vulnerability.
AmCham is now seeking applications for member companies/organizations interested in being considered for the 2022 ESG Impact Awards.
STEPS TO APPLY
- Step 1: Read through this entry briefing document for more information on the award categories, general eligibility criteria and timeline.
- Step 2: Decide which award or awards you would like to apply for.
- Step 3: Fill in the application form at this link and send your form to [email protected].
Note: The deadline to submit your online application is 5pm, October 21, 2022.
- Increase awareness about ESG among AmCham members and the broader business community in Vietnam;
- Create a competition for a prestigious award that member companies want to attain;
- Recognize member companies for excellence in ESG impact initiatives;
- Highlight and celebrate these impactful ESG initiatives at our Giving Thanks Dinner with senior U.S. and Vietnamese government participation.
2022 AWARD CATEGORIES
There are five main award categories for the 2022 AmCham Vietnam ESG Impact Awards:
- Excellence In Environmental Impact
- Excellence In Social Impact
- Excellence in Community Engagement and CSR
- Excellence In Corporate Governance
- Excellence in ESG Impact
Within each award category, sectors and company/organization size will be a factor in deciding how many awards in each category will be chosen.
1. EXCELLENCE IN ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT
The Excellence in Environmental Impact Award is an annual recognition for AmCham member companies who have taken significant steps towards adopting environmentally friendly practices and putting together innovative solutions or initiatives in areas of positive environmental impact.
For the Excellence in Environmental Impact award category, awards will be given to exemplary companies or organizations across various sectors and size categories that have demonstrated measurable environmental impact.
The award is open to AmCham Vietnam members operating in the low carbon economy, running environmental initiatives, or have launched a sustainable “green” product(s) or service(s).
Applicants for the Excellence in Environmental Impact Award will be assessed for clear environmental management systems, strategies and/or solutions in areas such as:
- Energy and water conservation
- Minimizing pollution
- Waste and plastic reduction
- Carbon neutrality
- Climate change adaptation
- Circular economy and sustainable production methods
- Green financing
- Supplying green products or services
- Preserving and protecting biodiversity
Applicants will also be assessed on how their impact from environmental strategies, products, and solutions support and inspire other businesses to embrace better practices and commit to environmental sustainability.
2. EXCELLENCE IN SOCIAL IMPACT
Excellence in Social Impact Award is an annual recognition for AmCham member companies and organizations who have taken significant steps in integrating best practices and innovative strategies and initiatives in areas of social impact, internal or external to their company or organization.
For the Excellence in Social Impact award category, awards will be given to exemplary companies or organizations across various sectors and size categories that have demonstrated measurable social impact.
Applicants for the Excellence in Social Impact Award will be assessed for progress in adopting and implementing social impact strategies or solutions in areas such as:
- Workforce engagement and development
- Diversity, equity, inclusion, and access
- Empowering vulnerable groups and reducing inequality
- Improving Occupational Health and Safety
- Long-term community investment and development
- Social impact financing
Applicants will also be assessed on how their social impact efforts support and inspire other businesses to embrace better practices and commit to social equity, inclusion, and/or building a deep and meaningful partnerships with their employees and the communities where they work.
3. EXCELLENCE IN COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT & CSR
The Excellence in Community Engagement & CSR Award is an annual recognition for AmCham member companies and organizations who have demonstrated significant service to the local communities where they work either through partnership with community-based associations or nonprofit organizations, or through voluntary service of their time, actions, talent, and other resources.
Applicants for the Excellence in Community Engagement & CSR Award will be assessed for implementing community engagement and CSR initiatives in areas such as:
- Humanitarian / disaster relief
- Supporting a local community development program or initiative
- Community / voluntary service activity which addresses immediate needs
Areas in community engagement and CSR where applicants will be assessed may include:
- Clear target(s)/objective(s), measurable results of how local communities were impacted or supported by the community engagement program or CSR initiative
- Meaningful partnership with a local community group(s)/organization(s) which shows shared value, collaborative effort, and commitment toward a common goal
Applicants will also be assessed on how their community engagement and CSR strategies inspire other businesses to embrace partnerships in the local community as a strong corporate citizen and work towards trust-based relationships between corporate donor and nonprofit / community-based organization(s).
4. EXCELLENCE IN CORPORATE GOVERNANCE
Excellence in Corporate Governance Award is an annual recognition for AmCham member companies and organizations who have taken significant steps to improving corporate governance standards and practices in Vietnam.
For the Excellence in Corporate Governance award category, awards will be given to exemplary companies or organizations across various sectors and size categories that have demonstrated measurable impact in corporate governance.
Applicants for the Excellence in Corporate Governance Award will be assessed for progress in adopting and implementing strategies or solutions in areas such as:
- Ethical leadership
- Stakeholder management
- Strengthening shareholder rights
- Improving transparency and disclosure
- Anti-corruption and anti-bribery initiatives
- Policy advocacy success stories to increase stronger partnership with the government of Vietnam
Applicants will also be assessed on how their corporate governance strategies, advocacy, and practices support and inspire other businesses to embrace better practices and commit to transparency, accountability, and ethical business leadership.
5. EXCELLENCE IN ESG IMPACT IN VIETNAM (GRAND PRIZE)
The Excellence in ESG Impact in Vietnam award category, award(s) will be given to companies or organizations across various sectors and size categories that have demonstrated exemplary adoption of ESG principles into their core business strategy and operations.
Applicants for the Excellence in ESG Impact Award will be assessed for:
- Clear sustainability strategy with clear objectives and key performance indicators
- Clear and measurable results towards meeting goals across ESG
- Show appropriate contributions toward sustainable development goals
Applicants will also be assessed on how their adoption of ESG inspires other businesses to embrace ESG principles and better practices and commit to sustainable development in Vietnam.
To be eligible, you must fulfill the following criteria and complete the online application in full and on time.
- General Applicant Criteria
- Be a current Member of AmCham Vietnam (2022)
- Be transparent and willing to validate and showcase best practices and significant impact in your awards application.
- Intend to Apply for one or more of the Award Categories:
- Excellence in Environmental Impact
- Excellence in Social Impact
- Excellence in Community Engagement and CSR
- Excellence in Corporate Governance
- Excellence in ESG
Other helpful criteria
- Recognized as a sustainability/CSR leader by an accredited agency in the past 3 years (e.g.: government agency, other business associations, NGOs)
- Annual sustainability reporting
Below is a brief timeline of the awards application and selection process:
|September 29||ESG Awards & application info announced|
|October 4||ESG Awards Judging Panel announced|
|October 7||Virtual Briefing and Q&A with ESG Committee for interested applicants (optional)|
|October 21||Submission deadline for applications|
|October 22 – 28||AmCham ESG Committee will process applications for eligibility and submit finalists to judging panel|
|October 31 – November 11||Judging Panel will review final round of applications and select award winners.|
|November 22||Annual Giving Thanks Dinner &
AmCham Vietnam ESG Awards Presentation
JUDGING REVIEW AND PROCEDURE
AmCham’s ESG Committee is responsible for organizing the 2022 competition for the ESG Awards, assembling the panel of judges, and compiling clear and transparent selection criteria to provide guidance for the judges to select the winners.
Assessments and decisions will be made by an expert panel of judges and reviewers, comprising representatives from AmCham’s Boards of Governors, government, venture capital, as well as prominent experts in the field of ESG.