AMCHAM COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT FUND 2013 (ACDF)
About the Program
AmCham Community Development Fund (ACDF) is one of CSR programs of the American Chamber of Commerce in Ho Chi Minh City (AmCham). Initiated from 2004, the program focuses on Health and wellness, education and building strong communities. As of 2012, we have granted USD212,238 for 54 projects.
Our mission is to build communities, with involvement of diverse groups, through voluntary giving and action. To raise and distribute donated resources and monitor impact and outcomes of community based programs.
2013 priority: Supporting Health and Wellness
What may belong to “Supporting Health and Wellness”?
-Supporting healthcare programs: Communicable disease control (disease control and prevention), food safety, hygiene program, general health check and why it is important…
– Creating healthy environment: Building latrine for poor families in the remote area
– Providing training on healthcare, health protection for poor people, especially women and children
– Providing Medical equipment that will be served poor people
– Supporting health check/insurance for disadvantaged kids
Who we are looking for
We are currently recruiting 3-5 enthusiastic and capable volunteers to support 2013 ACDF program.
Especially, we’re looking for volunteers with healthcare and medical background. ACDF volunteer will:
* Give technical advices on 2013 program
* Support to review grant applications
* Join site check trip(s) and collect necessary information
* Do the report(s)
* Attend the final meeting with Grant Allocation team to select best projects for 2013.
Time commitment will be approximately 4-8 hours per week, mostly falls on August, September, and October. Most of sites check trips and meetings will be on weekends.
***Note: if it’s 2-day site check trip, AmCham will cover the basic travel fees including car rental, meals, and room charge. If it’s just half day or 01-day trip, AmCham will cover transportation fee, volunteer will need to cover other basic fees.
-July 15: Public/send out Program information and application
-August 16: Deadline to receive Application
-August 16: Training for new volunteers (volunteers required)
-August 17: Screening application by AmCham team
-August 24: Meeting with Grant Allocation Team. Set up team and plan for site check.
-September 15-29: Site check (volunteers required)
-October 11: Deadline for site check report
-October 19: Final meeting to select best projects
-Nov (TBC): Grant Award Ceremony
- Attend the training with group leader
- Contact with charity organizations, NGOs
- Improve team work skill
- Network with other grant allocation team members
- Learn more from senior members
- Gain more best practices from program
- Recognition for your volunteer commitment; Reference Letter from AmCham CDF’s Management Team
– Past experience as a community program volunteer with background in medical consulting/healthcare
– Good experience on community/charity project review and scoring
– English is a plus
Join us now and make a change! Click here to go to Online Application Form for Volunteer!
*Some pictures of what we did last year
Health training workshop for rural women Build 15 latrines for ethnic minority group