The American Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam (AmCham) and Intel Vietnam jointly announce the first “AmCham – Intel Women in Engineering Scholarship 2011”. The scholarships’ purposes are to encourage and support FEMALE students to study in science and engineering fields and to pursue technical careers.
I. SCHOLARSHIP CONTENT
• 8.000.000 VND in cash per student
• Opportunities to do internship and career at Intel, if appropriate.
II. WHO CAN APPLY
• Full time FEMALE bachelor degree students from second to last year one at one of the three following universities and faculties/departments:
|1.Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology|
|• Faculty of Electrical & Electronic Engineering|
|• Faculty of Mechanical Engineering|
|2.Ho Chi Minh City University of Technical Education|
|• Faculty of Electrical and Electronic Engineering|
|• Faculty of Mechanical Engineering|
|3.Can Tho University|
|College of Technology|
|• Department of Electricity and Automation Control|
|• Department of Electronics and Telecommunication|
|• Department of Mechanical Engineering|
• Having cumulative GPA of all previous years 6.5 or above:
• Active in community services and extra-curricula activities;
• Priority will be given to students with financial difficulties
• Not being employed by other companies including Intel.
III. SELECTION STEPS/IMPORTANT DATES
|1.||Application open:||Oct 3 -30, 2011|
|2.||Application Deadline:||9:00 pm, Oct 30, 2011|
|3.||Application Screening Results:||Nov 4, 2011|
|4a.||Interview:||Tu, Nov 8 @ HCMUT|
|4b.||Interview:||We, Nov 9 @ HCMUTE|
|4c.||Interview:||Fr, Nov 11 @ CTU|
|5.||Results announcement:||Sa, Nov 12, 2011|
|6.||Award ceremony:||Wed, Nov 30, 2011 @ Intel Products Vietnam A&T Facility, SHTP, HCMC|
IV. HOW TO APPLY
• Fill in application form (form to be filled electronically in excel format). You can download the application form HERE or send an email to:
[email protected] to get the form.
2. Scanned Certificates:
• A scanned copy of your official cumulative GPA Certificate (Certificate with school stamp or notarized certificate. You don’t need to translate your GPA transcript into English. Certificate without school stamp will not be considered)
• A scanned copy of financial need certificate (if applicable)
Email the application form and documents to the following address:
Please remember to sign your name, contact details and school in your email.
All files are in file .pdf format
Please send your completed application and scanned certificate(s) to:
[email protected]. For the email’s subject, please titled it in the format of: Application_Your Full Name_Your School’s Name
V. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
VI. CONTACT INFORMATION
If you have any questions, please send them to the AmCham • Intel Women in Engineering Scholarship Team:
VII. THANK-YOU LETTERS
After the AmCham – Intel Women in Engineering Scholarship 2011 ended, we feel very moved to receive thank-you letters from the scholarship recipients. Below is one of them:
Nguyen Thi Ngoc Thu, senior student of University of Technical Education, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
Dear Mr. Rick Howarth, General Manager of Intel Products Vietnam and Mr. Herb Cochran, Executive Director of AmCham Vietnam
My name is Nguyen Thi Ngoc Thu, senior student of UTE, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering. Today I represent all students here to express our feelings when we get this scholarship.
We feel that we’re very lucky to receive the AmCham • Intel Women in Engineering Scholarship 2011. This not only provides more advantages for us to get high results when we graduate from the universities but also chances for any students who’d just like to learn higher after graduating. We are so happy because of being encouraged and supported to study in science and engineering fields and to pursue technical careers – the way we chose for our future.
Now we are still studying and we hope to learn from seniors and participate in building a strong modernized and industrialized country. The AmCham • Intel Women in Engineering Scholarship 2011 hasgiven us belief and motivation to make that hope come true. The fact that you come to us at this time is very helpful for our studying and finishing the graduation thesis.
Thank you for this wonderful support, this is really a great encouragement. We feel so lucky and grateful to you. We wish you health and success.