In partnership with National University of Ho Chi Minh City (NUH), AmCham will grant scholarships to 20 top students of NUH including: University of Polytechnique, University of Natural Sciences, University of Social Sciences and Humanities, Faculty of Economics.
The AmCham Scholars will be:
- Recognized by over 325 AmCham member companies
- Provided with credits for job application purposes after graduation and other related purposes (e.g. summer job, internship, further scholarship, etc.)
- Invited to some AmCham functions
- Provided with financial support (US$ 500/scholarship)
Who can apply?
- Final year students of National University of Ho Chi Minh City; in official full-time scheme
- With annual GPAs of all previous years 7.0 or above
- Active participation in school/social/community service activities
- Able to communicate in English
Schudle / Timeline (please reconfirm this schedule regularly. There may be some changes.)
Sa, 09 Sep 06 Advertising posters and applications available @ campuses and online Tu, 10 Oct 06 Deadline to submit application Sa, 21 Oct 06 Screening • Guidelines for Screening Committee Fr, 27 Oct 06 Announcement of Results of Screening Su, 05 Nov 06 English Test • The Apollo Placement Test (1) We, 08 Nov 06 Announcement of Results of English Test Sa, 11 Nov 06 Ability Test • Numerical Critical Reasoning (2) We, 15 Nov 06 Announcement of Results of Ability Test Sa, 25 Nov 06 Interview in English by HR Committee Members (3) Sa, 16 Dec 06 AmCham Scholarship Award Ceremony
(1) English Test sponsored by Apollo Education and Training
(2) Ability Test conducted by PricewaterHouseCoopers
(3) Interview in English conduced by AmCham member company Human Resources Experts; Skills evaluated include: Communication, Career Orientation, Teamwork, Creativity, Rational Decision Making, and Leadership. Click here for some hints on how to prepare for your interview: Interview Preparation.
Please click here to download an AmCham Scholarship 2006 Application Form.
Application forms are also available from your participating university/faculty.
You must complete the application and submit it to your participating university/faculty no later than 10 Oct 2006.
If you have questions, please
Click here to email to:
Ms. Pham Bich Thuy
AmCham Scholarship Project Manager
Country Talent Manager
Click here to email to:
Ms. Vu Xuan Thuy Duong
AmCham Scholarship Communication Team Leader
HR Recruitment & Selection Manager
Study in the USA and U.S. Government Scholarships
Click here for free information about Study in the USA and U.S. Government Scholarships.
Click here for free information about U.S. University Fair in HCM City – 11 Oct 06
Click here to learn about Let the Buyer Beware: Selecting a Quality Overseas Partner or Degree Program, by IIE Director Dr. Mark Ashwill
Information for parents and students, the “buyers” of degree programs offered by foreign and, in particular, U.S. institutions. Information for the direct consumers, beneficiaries and, sometimes, victims of education and training – students, parents and society-at-large.
The information provided will focus on U.S. institutions, accredited and not, that use a pattern of deception combined with slick marketing to sell their product, and whose emphasis seems to be on money over quality. In a sense, these institutions are preying on “uneducated consumers” (students and parents) who yearn for the quality and prestige of a U.S. education and degree at an affordable price. They are also able to find willing Vietnamese institutional partners who are attracted by the prospect of much-needed additional income, the intangible benefit of prestige and the need to compete with peer institutions that are establishing comparable programs.