Many thanks to all who participated in AmCham Vietnam’s December 2021 Member Survey, shared at the December 9th Annual General Meeting! We greatly value your feedback which helps us better support you, our members. We hear your strong interest in a unified AmCham, which carries out advocacy with a unified single voice, and allows members access to meetings and events throughout the country, especially with senior Vietnamese and U.S. government leaders. Key survey findings are below:
94% are satisfied or above with your membership overall in AmCham Vietnam.
What you value most are: committees (74%); advocacy (67%), both at the central and provincial-levels; and events, both professional networking (58%) and business intelligence (57%).
94% of total respondents support a unified AmCham, as do 94% of corporate members that are also joint members of AmCham Hanoi.
The key aspects of a unified AmCham you would value most are access to:
- events nationwide (76% by total, 82% by joint members);
- Vietnamese Ministry-level dialogues (73%, 88% by joint members); and
- meetings and dialogues with visiting senior U.S. government officials (57% and 65%, respectively).
93% of total respondents, and 94% of joint member respondents, say it is important, very important, or extremely important for AmCham to carry out advocacy to the U.S. and Vietnamese governments with a single unified voice.
Strengthening our Coordination as a Chamber
We already have made progress in 2021 strengthening our coordination as a Chamber, together with AmCham Vietnam-Da Nang and AmCham Hanoi. We held three meetings of our National Board in 2021, at which we:
- Developed joint strategic priorities with the U.S. Mission (March, later updated in October);
A. Strengthening the U.S.-Vietnam Trade & Investment Partnership Laying the Groundwork for an Eventual FTA
B. Enabling a Safe Reopening for Foreign Travel and Tourism (after 4th wave, updated to “Enabling a Safe Reopening and Recovery: Rebuilding Supply Chains”)
C. Building Infrastructure to Support Sustainable Development
D. Developing a Globally Competitive Workforce
- Approved Charter By-Laws to strengthen Chamber’s effectiveness, coordination, and corporate governance to represent members interests (November); and
- Agreed to form a task force, headed by AmCham Vietnam-Da Nang Chair Chris Vanloon, to look into the possibility of unifying the Chamber in the next 12 months (November).
Your survey feedback is critical. It confirms the importance of unity to you, our members, and will guide our 2022 Board of Governors’ goals and priorities. Many thanks again to all who participated! Please feel free to contact email@example.com to let us know how we can serve you better. Wishing you and your families the best for the holidays and New Year! Warm regards, Mary