AAP 2022 Business Summit
With 1.5 billion people in the Indo-Pacific region projected to join the middle class this decade, the market presents significant opportunities for American goods and services. The Indo-Pacific already accounts for $1.75 trillion in trade with the United States and for 30 percent of US goods and services exports, supporting millions of American jobs.
The AmChams around our region support deepening our economic and trade engagement in the Indo-Pacific. US trading partners are not waiting as they move ahead with the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP), the Comprehensive and Progressive Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP), and the Digital Economy Partnership Agreement.
The United States needs a comprehensive initiative in response and the AmChams of Asia Pacific will discuss the Indo Pacific Economic Framework (IPEF) at its 2022 Business Summit in Hanoi and Hue from May 19-21. The Summit is an annual event hosted by a different AmCham each year from around the region and offers a valuable opportunity to discuss the main issues facing American business in the region along with in-depth examination of specific industry issues of critical importance to AmCham members.
Key Topics Include:
- Pathways to Enhance Fair and Resilient Trade
- Addressing Infrastructure Development, Energy Transition and Climate Change Mitigation
- Driving Innovation through the Digital and Creative Economy
- Promoting Sustainable Investment and Supply Chain Resilience
- Moving from Pandemic to Endemic and Investing in Health as a Driver of Economic Growth
- Fintech and Financial Services to Promote Regional Economic Recovery
Join us for an in-person conversation featuring remarks from senior government officials and panel discussions with private sector executives and industry-focused thought leaders on shifting from pandemic to endemic, regional economic recovery, and the United States’ Asia engagement and its implications for American business. Click on the icons below for more information about the Business Summit.