AmCham Energy Committee Mission Statement
Promote US-Vietnam trade and investment in the energy sector; ensure a reliable, secure energy supply in Vietnam; encourage development of open markets and access to capital for power generation, storage, and transmission; and reduction of emissions in accordance with Vietnam’s Intended Nationally Determined Contribution (INDC) to UN Framework Committee on Climate Change (UNFCCC).
Short-term and Long-term Objectives & Goals
- Ensure regular meetings with clear agenda.
- Provide a venue for networking, sharing of best practices, and business intelligence.
- Ensure representation of U.S. energy companies active in South and Central Vietnam in the Committee.
- Ensure interests of members are reflected in advocacy to local and national govts, VBF Power and Energy Working Group (PEWG), and international climate change organizations.
- Policy advocacy issues (aligned with Made in Vietnam Energy Plan 2.0 (MVEP)- gas and renewables).
- Contribute to PEWG papers on extension of Wind Feed-in-Tariff (FIT), and Energy Efficiency.
- Encourage open market and access to capital for Direct Power Purchase Agreement (DPPA) implementation.
- Encourage transparent, fair, efficient approval processes for energy projects.
- Encourage development of a transparent, fair mechanism for auction of Solar and Wind Supply contracts.
- Welcome by Chairman, intros – Sean Caffyn
- Review and discussion of draft Mission Statement and Committee goals – Dennis Lien/Gavin Smith
- Regulatory and Advocacy Update – Dennis/Gavin/Pham Ba Linh
- Upcoming AmCham plus Programs & Events – Mary Tarnowka
- Coming Months Speaker/Presentation options – solicit input from participants
- USAID – Chris Abrams/Christine – PDP8, DPPA
- US Development Finance Corporation/Eximbank/Trade and Development Agency
- US Company Presentation
- Wind Power
- Solar rooftop
|July 22||Vietnam Energy Summit 2020 – Hanoi|
|Aug 7||AmCham PPP Workshop|
|late Aug||HCMC-US Technology and Innovation Summit|
|Sept/Oct||US-VN Energy Security Dialogue|
|Sept/Oct||USG/TDA LNG Standards Workshop|
|early Nov||ASEAN Energy Business Forum – Da Nang|
|mid-Nov||Indo Pacific Business Forum – Hanoi|