AmCham Legal and VBF Liaison Committee Meeting, Ho Chi Minh City Chapter
Regular monthly meeting of the committee to review upcoming events, discuss and prepare positions on key issues, laws and regulations relating to trade and investment between Vietnam and the United States.
Legal Committee Administrative
A. Meetings are usually held on the second Tuesday of every month, 5:00 pm-6:15 pm.
B. Next meeting: June 9 – same time and same location.
C. Introduction of Meeting Attendees
Events Updates and Legislation
- Recent developments in dealing with Covid-19 and sharing best practice
- Recent AmCham papers submitted to Prime Minister through VCCI and VBF
- Focus on next stage of “opening up”: border control and quarantines – how to seek exemptions from camp based quarantine in favor of home/hotel/facility quarantine for “expert on for official business”.
- Draft VBF documents (updated Investment & Trade Working Group matrix)
- AmCham F&B Position Paper
- Updated on recent developments/cases with regards to merger control filings under Vietnam Competition Law
- Discussion on issues with e-signature / digital signature (E-Transaction Law)
- Updates on draft regulations on employment and labor issues
- Completed Position Papers: Draft PPP Law Feedbacks
- Pending and new advocacy issues: Medical product registration, taxation of insurance industry expenditures, etc.
Q&A and Other Issues and Recommendations
Closing Remarks and Next Steps