AmCham Tourism and Hospitality Committee Meeting – November
For AmCham Members Only
|Virtual and physical attendance are available.
For physical attendees, the maximum number of seats are 10. Please register in advance to reserve your seat. We request full dose of vaccine or recovered from Covid-19 disease.
For virtual attendees, please register to receive the Zoom link.
|02:00 pm||Welcome note, introduction of all participants|
|02:05 pm||Update on wider industry from Ken, Colin, Chris & Peter with and any further insights with respect to our partnership with TAB (Tourism Authority Board) Vietnam the VBF (Vietnam Business Forum) on recommendations for restarting international travel safely and as soon as possible.
Conversation around various Directives in each province and city interpreted and executed differently which is challenging for operators
Domestic flight schedules and interprovincial travel
Guest Speaker from Horwath HTL Nikhom Jensiriratanakorn providing an overview on supply trends and an in-depth view of Vietnam & Thailand two key markets on the journey to re-opening
– Historical deal signings for Vietnam vs. Thailand and SEA
– Analysis of deal activity
– Opening vs. deal signings
– Performance review YTD 2021 vs 2019 (Vietnam vs. Thailand, and other key feeder markets e.g. S Korea, Japan, China), including the recent summer months
– Updates on Vietnam or key feeder markets’ reopening efforts which could influence travel and tourism demand for Vietnam
|3:00 pm||Update of committee leadership elections, upcoming events, and advocacy opportunities|
|3:30 pm||Adjourn Meeting|