Provide opportunities for networking, internal information activities, and consultations and cooperation with industry associations, governments and international organizations to help improve health and safety in the food & beverage industry sector in Vietnam, as well as in the ASEAN region. A key area of interest for the Committee is to cooperate with other stakeholders in efforts that will help Vietnam’s internationalization and harmonization with the various regional (ASEAN, APEC, TPP) and global systems (WTO SPS, Codex Alimentarius) for food health and safety, to the benefit of Vietnamese farmers, agricultural companies and consumers.
- Create a committee of 12 ~ 15 active members that participate regularly (monthly) in committee meetings and events and additional members that may participate less often but want to be kept informed of key developments and upcoming events/meetings.
- Identify a few key issues in the committee’s area of responsibility from among issues such as: Transparency and Regulatory Coherence in Vietnam’s Laws and Regulations relating to F&B: track and seek opportunities for consultation with thought leaders and central and local government authorities in Vietnam on changes and implementation of laws and regulations such as: Food Safety Law, Water Resources Law, Tax Law (Excise Taxes, Customs Duties, etc.) Customs Law; Advertising Law, etc.
- Reach out to other organizations in Vietnam and the region to align with existing frameworks for consultations, support, and technical cooperation, incorporating elements in Vietnam as well as elements in ASEAN, TPP, APEC, etc. that will help Vietnam internationalize and harmonize with standards and regulatory systems the food and beverage sector, to the benefit of Vietnam’s farmers, food and agriculture companies, and consumers.
|Co-Chair: Vinh Le, Regulatory Affairs Leader (Vietnam, Myanmar), IFF|
|Co-Chair: Ha Vu, Baker McKenzie|
|Technical Lead 1: Trang Nguyen, RA Manager, Herbalife|
|Technical Lead 2: Tuyet Dao, RA Manager, Unilever Vietnam|
|Treasurer: Trang Nguyen, RA Manager, Herbalife|
|Legal Advisor 1: Ha Vu, Baker & McKenzier|
|Legal Advisor 2: Han Tran, Russin & Vecchi|
|Secretary: Truc Huynh, Mondelez|
24 April 2019 – Workshop with STAMEQ
AmCham Vietnam was honored to be part of a joint workshop with Directorate for Standards, Metrology & Quality, Ministry of Science & Technology (STAMEQ) on Draft of Circular on Guidelines for goods labels held on 24 April. AmCham’s Chairwoman Amanda Rasmussen gave opening remarks at the event, thanking the efforts of STAMEQ, AmCham’s Food & Beverage committee, and other business associations for the collaborative effort to clarify goods labeling regulations in Vietnam.
10 May 2019 – Workshop with STAMEQ
AmCham Vietnam enters into an important agreement for food and beverage quality standards with Vietnam Standards and Quality Institute, under Directorate for Standards, Metrology & Quality, Ministry of Science & Technology.
Today’s Memorandum of Understanding is part of AmCham Vietnam’s Mission to improve national standards and work with important partners such as VSQI and STAMEQ to advance quality standards of food and beverage goods for both the business community and consumers in Vietnam and export markets.
I/ Top Issues & Priorities:
1. Workshop to review Decree 15
2. Circular 50 (Water – Water source quality checking
3. Circular TT 25/2016 : (Veterinary inspection requirement) – Ask MOARD to simplify.
4. Standardize TCVN (Vietnam Quality Standards)
5. Advocacy on Food Additives
6. Micronutrients Fortification Regulations
7. Circular 12/2017/TT-BKHCN and Decree 115/2018/ND-CP
|TAX DUTY/ LABOR LAW|
1. Excise Tax (Sugar Tax)
2. Joined project: Labor Code Revision 2019
|PUBLIC & GOVERNMENT RELATIONS|
1. Vietnam Food Safety Forum 2019
2. CSR Project: “Recycling and Plastic”
II/ Vietnam Food Safety Forum 2019:
+ Official platform to address food safety issues for better business and better food safety management in Vietnam+ An annual event to engage with related government agencies, researchers, scientist and producers+ A platform to share international practices to Vietnam in applying international food safety standards
- Type: Annual event
- Participants: Policymakers, researchers, scientists, producers, and businesses
- Parallel panels: Food Safety Policy, Food Safety Standards, Technology & Quality Control, Production Import & Export
III/ FBSC’s CSR project: Packaging sustainability
- 2018 Review – FOOD SAFETY REGULATORY ADVOCACY: Report
- 2018 Review – PUBLIC & GOVERNMENT RELATIONS:
Annual meetings with CIEM, VCCI, VASEP, VDA, VBA
Vietnam Foods and Beverages Working Group (2016)
The partners of Vietnam Foods and Beverages Working Group (VFBG), have voluntarily organized ourselves under the direction of VCCI and AmCham to work with key stakeholders to support development and integration of Vietnamese F&B industry.
Reference Materials for Members