BW Industrial Development
Greg arrived in Vietnam in 2011. Joining the Property Industry in 2004. Greg has over 14 years’ experience in real estate and development, and a career spanning across Asia Pacific from Sydney, Australia and Hong Kong. Greg was recruited to join US Real Estate firm(s) JLL and namely CBRE setting up the countries first dedicated ‘Industrial & Logistics Services’ Real Estate team, Recently, Greg was selected in establishing the joint venture ‘BW Industrial Development’ as the firms Deputy CEO.
‘BW Industrial Development’ (BWID) is strategic partnership between US New York based private equity firm ‘Warburg Pincus’; and ‘Becamex IDC’, Vietnam’s largest industrial and infrastructure developer. The joint venture has committed more than $200 million in initial investment date.
● Warburg Pincus – Over $1 billion of investment in Vietnam, including in Vincom Retail, Techombank, Lodgis Hospitality, and others.
● Becamex – Specializes in developing large-scale industrial townships with one of the largest industrial landbanks with over $10 billion invested to-date including in VSIP, TOKYU and others.
BWID is at present the largest For-Rent Industrial & Logistics Real Estate Developer and is currently building Industrial and Logistics real estate facilities nationwide in provinces such as Binh Duong, Dong Nai, Hai Phong, Hai Duong and Bac Ninh with the vision to provide true institutional-grade industrial and logistics real estate property solutions for its investors.
Value & Vision:
With the transformative shift of the global manufacturing base from markets like China to Vietnam as well as with the rapid rise of domestic consumption, Vietnam continues to be a focus for FDI.
As a developer of Industrial and logistics assets, Greg is regularly supporting enquiries from manufacturers, traders, logistics investors focused on North America exports primarily geared on leveraging the Vietnam and US trade relationship.
More recently export focused firms heavily relying on the long-term stability of the Vietnam US trade relationship and the escalating ‘trade war’ between the US and China have accelerated and the trend of foreign investors realigning their supply chains greatly towards Vietnam.
While many firms will be looking to Vietnam to reroute goods in the short term, through his firsthand experience as the Deputy CEO of BWID, Greg will aim to provide AmCham with:
● A platform of support and advice required from a real estate and investment perspective;
● Assist in providing long-term risk mitigating strategies to minimize exposure to provide a ‘soft’ Vietnam landing / support network for market entry and expansion; and
● Aid in Driving the development and upgrade of other sectors such as manufacturing, logistics and processing in the country’s 4.0 industrial revolution.
Greg prides himself on being active in the Vietnam Business, Philanthropic and Sporting community.
● From to 2014 to 2018, Greg was elected as a National Board Member and National Director for AUSCHAM (the Australian Chamber of Commerce) Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City chapters. During his tenure Greg helped to establish, develop & drive various profitable and member focused initiatives events such as the annual ‘Australian Business Awards’ & ‘Vietnam Real Estate Symposium’.
● Greg is an Auctioneer & MC and regularly donates his services in aid of various charities across Vietnam. Since 2011, Greg has helped to raise close to $1 million in funds for charities such as the ‘Saigon’s Children’s Charity’, ‘Kids With Cancer Foundation’, ‘STREETS International’, ‘TUSK-Royal British Polo’. Greg also proudly donated his services as MC & Auctioneer for the ‘AmCham Hanoi 2018 Gala’ and upcoming ‘AmCham HCMC 2018 Gala’ later this year.
● When he is not wearing his boots on site inspections in the provinces, you can find Greg any given morning running or cycling on the streets of Saigon. Greg is a passionate sportsperson and regularly participates in Triathlon’s and Marathons both in Vietnam and the region.