Country Manager, Vietnam, Aetna International
Nearly 18 years’ experience in leadership roles in insurance in emerging markets, general management responsibilities include full P&L, strategy, underwriting, risk management, managing relations with fronting partner and reinsurance companies, ensuring operational excellence, merging and acquisitions, distribution management, talent development and driving profitable growth.
As a bridge person, a Vietnamese national who serves as a US multinational executive and actively cultivate strong US-Vietnam trade and investment relations, would be of use to many American business interests seeking to navigate Vietnam.
Co-founder of AmCham Women in Leadership Committee in 2019, provide strategic directions to Healthcare committee and support driving the growth of AmCham membership since 2018.
Alignment with Chairman & Board of Governor’s vision for AmCham in the future is: AmCham Vietnam is widely recognized by its members, the business community, the US Mission to Vietnam and the Government of Vietnam as a being an active champion for enabling the continued sustainable growth of Vietnam’s private sector and balanced growth in trade between the United States and Vietnam.
- Stay focused on a clear strategic plan for 2021 with the Board responding to challenges of the pandemic, solving future needs of our chamber’s members and becoming their trusted source of solutions.
- Drive the growth Membership revenues, our cornerstone in maintaining our leading position as one of the most respected, dynamic and strategic chamber association in Vietnam. Active engagement in expansion membership in Da Nang basing on our core values.
- Increase the engagement of women members to Women in Leadership Committee’s events with various supporting platform of thoughtful women leadership mentoring or sponsorship programs to young women/entrepreneurs in various industries. With the participation of all the great female leaders from every aspect of industries, sport, art fields, consulate leaders, giving recognition our top AmCham Women of Influence Award featuring women working in fields that are crucial to the future of our global world.
- Take on additional leadership accountabilities on ESG committee maintaining an emphasis on the corporate social responsibilities of foreign businesses investing and operating in Vietnam.
- Bringing more global best practices on driving innovation in the Healthcare landscape, preparing for supporting various measures in regulations, smart investing in digital health, foreign assets, and assistance for partnerships and M&A activities to foster the investment from foreign investors who are eyeing stakes in Vietnam’s Healthcare sector.
- Collaborate with Healthcare Committee and Sports & Wellness Committee for the healthy policy involvement and assets to achieve the mission of improving health and well-being of AmCham’ s community and strengthen society as a whole.
We witness a game changer since last several years, while these steps are just a snapshot of everything big that has happened, the journey is not going to stop anytime soon. In 2021, there will be a new landscape, new domains, and new processes. This makes it crucial that we look beyond the conventional and take the right steps towards a better future of our chamber. I am so proud that we are leading a diversity initiative which having the passion, the drive, the focus and the support. I also know that we’ll take our commitment to lead in times of constant change with vision and courage, to build a whole AmCham community of game changers. My strong commitment on time and resources to support AmCham the effective leadership with provided directions and value proposition. Priority to promote the best interests of AmCham where possible which align with the Board and the Chair’s vision in 2021.