We would like to invite you to attend the first internal meeting of the VBF’s Governance and Transparency Working Group as follow details: Read more
I. Legal Committee Administrative
HANOI Unit 1001, 10th Floor, Indochina Plaza Hanoi, 241 Xuan Thuy Street, Cau Giay
HCMC Baker & McKenzie HCMC Office (29 Le Duan, 12/F)
Meetings: 2nd Tue, 5:00-6:00pm, Next: 19 Feb 2013
Upcoming Committee Events or Speakers
VBF Meeting on Draft Decree on foreign employees working in Vietnam
WHEN: Friday 11 January at 2PM
WHERE: G/F, Sofitel Plaza Hanoi, No. 1 Thanh Nien Road, Hanoi
II. Law on Lawyers Update
III. Update on US/Vietnam Trade Talks and ASEAN and other international developments
Trans Pacific Partnership negotiations
US-Vietnam Tax Treaty negotiations
IV. Legal Committee Position Papers / Topics to Monitor
• Ron Parks (KPMG): Draft amendment to Corporate Income Tax Law
• Draft Implementing legislation on Labor Code
• Amendment to Anti-Corruption Law
• Circular No. 213/2012/TT-BTC regulating investment activities of foreign investors in the securities market
• Moot Court Team from the Faculty of International Law, Diplomatic Academy of Vietnam (DAV) will represent Vietnam in the Eleventh Annual ELSA Moot Court Competition on WTO Law (EMC2) held in Taiwan in March 2013. They are seeking financial sponsorship for the team to attend the moot in Taiwan. Contact Nguyen Thu Giang, Team Captain at [email protected] or 84.982.017.868 for more information.
V. Report on VBF and Project 30
VIETNAM BUSINESS FORUM DIỄN ĐÀN DOANH NGHIỆP VIỆT NAM
G/F, Sofitel Plaza Hanoi, No. 1 Thanh Nien Road, Hanoi
Tel: (84-4) 3715 – 2223 • Fax: (84-4) 3 715 – 2218
Email: [email protected] Website: www.vbf.org.vn
Call for Sponsorship Vietnam Business Forum Luncheon, May 29, 2012
The Vietnam Business Forum (“VBF”) is a structured and ongoing dialogue between the Vietnamese Government and business community for a favorable business environment that attracts private sector investment and stimulates domestic economic growth. Established in 1997, the Forum has been offering unique opportunities for the private sector to raise their voice on particular issues and proven to be an important policy advocacy channel in Vietnam.
After over a decade of facilitating the VBF, International Finance Corporation (“IFC”) has transferred the VBF secretariat role to a consortium of fourteen business associations and chambers of commerce. And now the well-established dialogue is being driven by the business community itself to further promote the discussions and ensure its long-term sustainability.
As you may be aware, the Mid-term Meeting of the Vietnam Business Forum 2012 will take place at the end of May in Hanoi with the co-chairmanship of the business community’s representative for the first time. The Forum will be followed by a lunch where the large and high level attendance will be achieved. Given that the luncheon is an exclusive chance for networking and brand promotion, we are again extending an invitation to your company/organization to sponsor the lunch.