Promote U.S.-Vietnam agricultural trade and U.S. agricultural products in Vietnam, and advocate for an enabling, fair, transparent, predictable regulatory environment for agricultural trade and investment in Vietnam.
2021 Strategic Plan
Top Priorities for 2021
- Expand participation to better represent bilateral agricultural trade and investment equities.
- Promote safe, sustainable food and agricultural technologies and practices that promote a higher quality of life and animal welfare.
- Contribute to development of a high quality, skilled, and productive workforce and a safe, healthy environment for workers in the agricultural sector.
Key Events for 2021
- Dialogue/workshop with Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development to promote development of a modern, agricultural sector in Vietnam (Q3 – late Aug/Sept).
- Virtual Dialogue with USDA-Washington, perhaps with USABC (Q2-late May/June)
- Ensure agricultural equities are represented in AmCham Supply Chain events
- Seek to identify an opportunity in Mekong region
Top Advocacy Issues
- Lay groundwork for an FTA between the United States and Vietnam (gather state data, build partnerships with states).
- Support development of transportation, supply chain and logistics, and cold-chain infrastructure throughout Vietnam.
| Honorary Senior Advisor
Ben Petlock, Senior Attache
|Legal Advisor / Secretary
Huong Tran, Russin & Vecchi
Michael Beckman, Managing Partner, EY Law Vietnam
Michael Beckman currently leads the newly launched law firm EY Indochina, a fast growing team of fifteen corporate lawyers based in Ho Chi Minh City. EY Law Global has over 4,000 lawyers in eighty five offices around the world, with intentions to expand quickly throughout ASEAN. Michael will head this expansion process in Indochina.
Michael has over twenty years of experience in corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate law. Prior to joining EY, Michael worked as a corporate attorney at Sullivan & Cromwell in New York, London, and Los Angeles, as well as Debevoise & Plimpton in New York. He focused on international corporate bankruptcy, securities, and M&A work. He is a member of the bar of New York and California and is a licensed foreign lawyer in Vietnam.
Outside of law, Michael worked as a management consultant at McKinsey & Company in their pharmaceutical practice group and managed his own hedge funds for a decade.
Michael graduated magna cum laude from Cornell University, received his M.A. from Princeton University and his J.D. from Yale Law School. He also studied at both Cambridge University in the UK and Georg-August University in Germany.
2022 Meeting Schedule
The Committee meeting is organised monthly and open for members only.
Reference Materials for Members
Please contact us if you have questions at [email protected]