A workshop jointly organized by the Vietnam Mediation Center (VMC), a division of Vietnam International Arbitration Centre (VIAC), and the International Dispute Resolution & Risk Management Institute (IDRRMI)
- Risk Prevention and Conflict Management
- Mediation practice in Vietnam and Internationally and its application to you
- The role of lawyers/advocate in mediation
- International Mediation under different Rules such as ICC, SIMC and JIMC Kyoto
- Investment Mediation under the framework of ICSID, UNCITRAL, EV IPA (EVFTA) and RCEP
- The enforcement of the Mediated Settlement Agreement (MSA) under Civil Procedure Code (CPC 2015) and Singapore Convention on Mediation
Who should join our Workshop?
- FDI enterprises and investors doing business in Vietnam or investors considering to invest in an emerging and integrating market of Vietnam, who concern about legal risks and how to manage arising conflicts/disputes efficiently.
- Proactive lawyers targeting to reach and serve client groups of FDI enterprises and other potential investors with high demand on legal services, especially on dispute management and resolution.
- Members of commercial chambers and other business associations whose missions are to serve their enterprise members with updated information on the brand new and advanced resolution methods for both commercial and investment disputes.
- Law practitioners who desire to enrich their knowledge by updated and extensive information on risk management and international mediation. Such law practitioners should be graduated from university and have at least 02 (two) years of experience in the field of study; and currently working as in-house counsels for enterprises or organizations/ authorities or as a lawyer for being eligible to our Certificate(s).
Benefits of Participants
- Exchanging on how investors to prevent risks and manage conflicts in business transactions during the trade war period; and on how the investors can properly protect its substantive investments under international investment agreements signed by Vietnam such as BITs and FTAs without abandoning the growing market.
- Various aspects of how to use international mediation in resolving commercial and investment disputes in an efficient manner;
- Join the network of commercial mediation practitioners in Vietnam, which is made available on VMC’s website;
- Certificate of participation in 8 hours of compulsory professional training of lawyers;
- Certificate of Completion of the Advanced International Mediation Course, applicable to the holders of Certificate of Completion of the Commercial dispute resolution through mediation training course by VMC held on August 26 & 27, 2019 in Hanoi, Vietnam; others will receive Certificate of Completion of the Workshop on Risk management and International Mediation in the Trade war period;
- Sharing information and guidance through working sessions from many leading international experts and professional mediators (12 foreign experts and 08 Vietnamese experts, most of whom are internationally recognized mediators (registered mediators of Centre for Effective Dispute (CEDR)) or/and holding important positions in interational instutions that are shaping the international mediation framework.
- Getting access to the latest knowledge of different style of mediation around the world;
- Useful, extensive and expanded materials provided
Click HERE for final Agenda.
Register Before 01/11/2019 To Receive Early-bird Rate
Currency of Payment: Please note that payment in USD is only for those made from outside of Vietnam; otherwise, the accepted currency of payment is VND.