View and download the presentation
Obtaining a court judgment or arbitral award is only the initial step in realizing compensation from the judicial process. In truth, the judgment or award is worthless if you cannot achieve the ultimate goal, which is to actually have the balance credited to your bank account. Whether or not the court judgment or arbitral award can be enforced will determine the real winner of the lawsuit.
By joining our seminar you will understand:
- -Difficulties of enforcement of judgments and awards in Vietnam.
- -Negotiations and agreements regarding the scope of enforcement.
- -Freezing and seizing of the debtor’s assets.
- -Navigating the vague language in court judgments and arbitral awards and;
- -Issues surrounding foreign court judgments and awards.
|09:00 am||Welcome, Introduction|
|09:05 am||Presentation, followed by Q&A|
|11:00 am||Event ends|
AmCham Members: VND 550,000 | Non-members: VND 700,000
Reservations/cancellations must be received by 24 hours before the event, and must be made on-line, by email, or by fax. We are unable to accept reservations/cancellations by telephone.
Stephen Le Hoang Chuong, Senior Litigator, Le & Tran
Stephen is the senior litigator and founder of Le & Tran. With over 15 years of extensive experience, Stephen has impressive litigation experience and a wealth of knowledge and understanding ranging from business litigation, judgment enforcement, labor – employment, and internal and external corporate regulatory compliance. He is the Winner for the Disputes Star of the Year of Vietnam (2017) by AsiaLaw Profiles.
Stephen has received numerous commendations from multinational corporate clients referencing his work. A prime example is the endorsement from PETRONAS (Malaysia’s fully integrated oil and gas multinational ranked among the largest corporations in FORTUNE Global 500®) as follows:
“ • COMPETENCY – From the interview during the selection of law firms for acting on behalf of PETRONAS, we view LE & TRAN as possessing core expertise in labor and IR matters, and has strong litigation background / strategic skills in providing legal opinion. In addition, LE & TRAN confirmed that it could provide speedy turn-around time which is a very important criteria for PETRONAS in the selection of a suitable law firm. Our first impression was that LE & TRAN readily provided a solution to the current issue presented and added value to our company as well as exhibiting reasonable legal costs / fees.
• PROFESSIONALISM AND ACCOUNTABILITY – During the first task given, it was observed that the head advocate and solicitor, Mr. Stephen (Le Hoang Chuong), is a highly motivated lawyer who exhibited a desire to achieve results above and beyond expectations for the best interests of PETRONAS. Mr. Stephen demonstrated, especially to our Malaysian colleagues, a higher standard of professionalism than most, both on a personal and professional level by promoting strong values, maintaining solid accountability for his words/ actions and never making excuses in managing any task given to him by PETRONAS. He accepts responsibility for the decision made and remains calm in a crisis or emergency situation.
• FOCUS AND EXECUTION – LE & TRAN proved to PETRONAS its ability to effectively execute tasks by showing a strong, unstoppable drive to push forward the completion of any assignment given. In addition, Mr. Stephen’s strength is his ability to understand and manage his client’s expectations which is crucial to achieve the desired result. Further, Stephen has the ability to confront others on any issues without fear of adverse arguments. He also realizes how to approach the client in a cordial, respectful, and honest way to address concerns.”